Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 November 2011

SLEEPTRAINING begins:(

Alright so I know that teaching your baby how to sleep is an essential skill, but the process is utterly painful. I have to admit that I've been dreading this the second time around. S is amazing at putting herself to sleep now and I'm so glad we did it...but baby A seems to be a bit more needy so I really didn't want to do it. But he's almost 8 months old and I think it's time...so tonight we started. We did his routine of bottle, book, sleeping bag, sleepy song, cuddle and then sleepy time words. After the first couple minutes of crying, I went in and tried to give him his soother. He took it but as soon as he realized I wasn't staying, he started to cry again. Tried patting him and that wasn't working...he quieted down a bit so I left again. Waited five minutes and he still kept crying. Bending oner the crib SUCKS...he's on the lower setting now as he's decided to start pulling himself up to standing. This is the worst for trying to help him settle. After 15min of crying, I decided that I needed to just let him cry it out a bit so I took a shower. At the end of my shower, he finally fell asleep. From start to finish, it took just over 30min which I guess isn't too bad.

On a happier note, solids have been going well and bottle-feeding is MUCH better. Unfortunately, I need to pump twice a day and then top up with formula...but YAY!!! I really thought we wouldn't get to this day but now we're doing 2 bottles a day which is EXCELLENT. So very happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment