Total Pageviews

Saturday 3 September 2011

Sleep is Overrated...NOT!

I've been trying to convince myself that S is not sleeping well recently because she's getting her last painful incisor in...last night, at midnight she wouldn't stop crying so I went in to see if she was ok. She had her arm stuck in between her cot bars...poor thing. So, instead of letting her cry it out again, I tried to comfort her and let her sleep with me and baby A. Hubby has taken over the couch to catch up on some missed zzzz's due to A's inappropriate timing for conversation the last few nights. Anyways, S took a few hours to finally crash out and sleep before the day started all over again today. S and A took turns crying through the night which meant mama did not get the few hours she needs to get through the day happily. I think it is her teeth since her cheeks were super rosy and her gums looked pretty sore where the tooth is coming in. So I thought since she had a crappy sleep, she would definitely need a nap...unfortunately, she would not go to sleep and she cried for over 30min. When I went in to see her, the room smelled like poo...yes, poo again! So this further confirmed my suspicion of teething as it was a pretty soft one...ew! I checked her gums so I tried some Teetha and that helped for a few minutes and then I gave her some baby ibuprofen.

With the teething, S is also super whiny. Thank goodness for my helper. She took her out for a walk so that maybe I could catch a couple zzzz's but then baby A started. He slept for about 30min! ugh! Just as I was falling asleep, he wakes up! So we got up again, played for a bit and every time I would put him down, he would cry! I really was starting to lose it. I kept reminding myself that the day is going to be over soon and he will go to sleep.

Now it's 8pm and both are sleeping, albeit a little whine from S. On the dummy front, she seems to use it for the beginning of her sleep but then she's ok. When she came to my bed last night she didn't look for it or ask for it...so I'm hoping there's some progress there. Signing off now as I finally can go chill on the couch til I pass out and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment