Total Pageviews

Friday 26 August 2011

Cranberry and white chocolate cookies (Annabel Karmel)

YUMMMMMMYYY is all I can say about these delicious cookies I made yesterday with my daughter. I decided to try some baking yesterday with my little one. She wasn't as excited to help me out this time, but I made them anyway :) Super easy and surprisingly, all the ingredients could be found at our nearby grocery store. The recipe makes 20 or so cookies, depending on how big you roll your cookie dough balls.

150g (5 1/4 oz) plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
25g (1oz) ground almonds
150g (5 1/4 oz) soft brown sugar
50g (2oz) porridge oats (I used quick cooking oats)
50g (2oz) dried cranberries
40g (1 1/2 oz) white chocolate (I broke up a Lindt chocolate bar and used 60g)
150g (5 1/4 oz) butter
1 large egg yolk or 2 small egg yolks

Step 1 Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/gas5

Step 2 Sieve together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the ground almonds, brown sugar, porridge oats, cranberries and white chocolate chunks.

Step 3 Melt the butter butter in a small pan (I just put in microwave and stirred a couple times for about 20sec each time). Stir this into the dry ingredients together with the egg yolk. Mix well, then using your hands, form into walnut-sized balls and arrange on 2 large non-stick baking sheets (In HK, we only have a table top oven, so I used 2 pieces of baking paper and put on the tray, swapping the paper each time). Gently press them down to flatten slightly (whoops, I didn't do this), leaving space between them for the biscuits to spread. Bake in the oven for 12 min, then remove and allow to cool on a wire rack. Just watch them and as we could have taken ours out even sooner so they would stay chewier longer! Enjoy!


I found this book, My Kitchen table series, Annabel Karmel 100 Family Meals at Dymocks or also available on the Amazon website as the kindle edition.

This brings me to a couple of my favourite baby, kids of all ages recipe sites:
Weelicious
Wholesome Baby Food recipes

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anna!
    Sounds like you are doing a great job with the dummy weaning etc. It's not easy dealing with these issues! Our baby Audrey WOULD NOT take a dummy, despite me trying to give her one (anything to help her nap longer than 40 minutes in those first few months! Turns out she was just a 'short napper'...sigh) She would gag on it when I put it in her mouth!
    It's great to hear about like in HK. Hope you are well! xx Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Martha! Sophie was a short napper too...never going past that first sleep cycle until now where she only naps once a day...sometimes for 2 hours straight!!! Archie is a bit better but we use the dummy sometimes for him too. The key thing is to try to keep them up for at least a couple hours before letting them sleep.

    ReplyDelete