Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 August 2011

Midnight Poos and Diaper rashes

So we're in day 6 and we have given in...well, sort of anyway.

We had screaming at midnight and when she wouldn't settle on her own, I went in to investigate what all the fuss was about...well, it was a midnight poo and a major diaper rash from her poo.  Poor thing!  I think this was due to the 4 incisors that have started to poke through her sore gums.  So after changing her diaper, I tried to put her down, but as usual, she is fighting it with everything she's got.  I lay down on a little mattress next to her and try to pretend to sleep, but every time I think she's fallen asleep, I move and she sits up and starts to cry again.  Eventually, after about an hour of this, I call on daddy to help out as I know my younger baby will be up for his feed at any moment.

After doing some research on the internet for weaning the dummy, we decided to give it back to her and then go about the weaning off of it a little differently.  At naptime, after screaming for 10-15 min, we gave her old dummy intact and then tonight we will try poking a hole in her dummy and see how she will react with her "new" and "damaged" dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment